Sunday, February 25, 2007

Best song

It wouldn't be an overblown Oscar presentation without a gospel choir in the background.

I find it interesting that Bill Condon allowed Beyonce Knowles to upstage Jennifer Hudson, which he never did in the film (he even turned Hudson's first big number into a duet).

They're followed by Ellen DeGeneres, who says she could never follow it up, and John Travolta and Queen Latifah, who can. (I love John Travolta's comment: "I love a full-figured woman who knows how to sing. But enough about me...")

I'm guessing that Dreamgirls will win, the question is for...

WHAT? It's Melissa Etheridge?! This is an outrage!

I like Melissa, but "I Need To Wake Up" wasn't among her best work.

It was written for An Inconvenient Truth. That's probably why.

No comments: